Expiration date: 07/2024
The composition and form of issue:
Tablet preparation effervescent drink, 1 tablet contains active substance:
acetylsalicylic acid 500 mg
excipients: citric acid anhydrous sodium carbonate anhydrous sodium bicarbonate sodium citrate anhydrous aspartame povidone crospovidone the orange flavor natural
the strips 4 PCs in box 4, or 25 strips.
Description pharmaceutical form:
Round, flat with beveled edges and scored on one side white pills. When dissolved in water is observed effervescence.
Description pharmacological action:
Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect associated with the suppression of COX-1 and -2, regulate the synthesis of PG. Reduces aggregation, platelet adhesiveness and thrombus formation by suppressing synthesis of thromboxane A2 in platelets. Antiaggregatory effect persists for 7 days after a single dose (more pronounced in men than in women).
When dissolved in water, tablet Upsarin UPSA forms a buffer solution which after taking the drug, supports the active substance in dissolved form, not allowing them in contact with the acidic environment of the stomach go back to its insoluble form and deposited in the form of solid particles on the walls. The result is a more rapid and complete absorption of drug and its better portability compared with conventional tablets of acetylsalicylic acid.
- pain (moderate or mild) of different origin in adults: headache (including associated with alcohol withdrawal syndrome), toothache, migraine, neuralgia, thoracic radicular syndrome, muscle and joint pain, pain during menstruation
- fever with colds and other infectious and inflammatory diseases (in adults and children older than 15 years).
- hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid, other NSAIDs and drug ingredients
- erosive-ulcerative lesions (in acute phase) of the gastrointestinal tract, gastrointestinal bleeding
- expressed human liver or kidney
- aspirin asthma
- hemorrhagic diathesis (hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, telangiectasia, hypoprothrombinemia, thrombocytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura)
- dissecting aneurysm of the aorta
- portal hypertension
- a vitamin K deficiency
- the deficit glukozo-6-fosfatdegidrogenaza, phenylketonuria
- pregnancy (I and III trimester)
- the period of breastfeeding.
The agent is not appointed children up to 15 years with acute respiratory diseases caused by viral infections, because of the risk of Reye's syndrome (encephalopathy and acute fatty degeneration of the liver with acute hepatic insufficiency).
Be wary, hyperuricemia, uric acid nephrolithiasis, gout, peptic ulcer and/or duodenal ulcers (in history), decompensated heart failure.
In recommended doses the drug is generally well tolerated.
In rare cases, can occur following side effects:
- allergic reactions: skin rash, bronchospasm, angioedema
- formation on the basis of gapanbulu mechanism "aspirinova" triad (combination of bronchial asthma, recurrent polyposis of the nose and paranasal sinuses and intolerance of acetylsalicylic acid and preparations pirazolonovogo series)
- gastrointestinal disorders: nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, diarrhoea (diarrhea), gastrointestinal bleeding (vomiting type "coffee grounds", black tarry stools decrease in appetite, increase in liver transaminases
- impaired renal function
- thrombocytopenia, anemia, leukopenia, hyperbilirubinemia
- hemorrhagic syndrome (nosebleeds, bleeding gums), increased time in blood clotting.
If there are any side effects should immediately stop taking the drug and inform doctor.
Acetylsalicylic acid increases the toxicity of methotrexate, effects of narcotic analgesics and other NSAIDs, oral hypoglycemic drugs, heparin, indirect anticoagulants, thrombolytics and thrombocyte aggregation inhibitors, sulfonamides (including co-trimoxazole), triiodothyronine decreases the toxicity of uricosuric drugs (benzbromarone, sulfinpirazon), antihypertensives and diuretics (spironolactone, furosemide).
Corticosteroids, alcohol soderzhaschie alcohol drugs increase the damaging effect on the gastrointestinal mucosa, increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
Acetylsalicylic acid increases the concentration of digoxin, barbiturates and lithium drugs in plasma.
Antacids containing magnesium and/or aluminum hydroxide, slow down and reduce the absorption of acetylsalicylic acid.
Method of application and dose:
Inside, pre-dissolved tablet (tablet) in a glass (200 ml) of water or juice.
Adults and children over 15 years take 1 table. (500 mg) up to 6 times per day.
In severe pain and high temperature — 2 table. (1G) the maximum daily dose should not exceed 6 table. (3 g).
Older patients — 1 table. (500 mg) up to 4 times a day maximum daily dose should not exceed 4 tab. (2 g).
Frequency and time: the interval between meals preparation shall be not less than 4 h. the Regular adherence of the drug allows to avoid a sharp rise in temperature and reduce the intensity of pain.
The duration of treatment (without consulting a doctor) should not exceed 5 days at appointment as an anesthetic and for more than 3 days as antipyretic.
Symptoms: in the initial stage of poisoning — Central nervous system excitation, dizziness, severe headache, hearing loss, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, increased respiration. Later, oppression of consciousness up to coma, respiratory failure, disorders of water and electrolyte metabolism.
Treatment: induction of vomiting, gastric lavage, the appointment activated charcoal and a laxative. Treatment should be carried out in a specialized Department.
Acetylsalicylic acid reduces the excretion of uric acid from the body, which can cause an acute attack of gout in predisposed patients.
Long-term use of the drug should periodically conduct a General analysis of blood and stool tests for occult blood, monitor the functional state of the liver.
Before surgery to minimize bleeding during the operation and postoperative period should stop taking the drug for 5-7 days and notify the physician.
The kids aren't allowed to prescribe drugs containing acetylsalicylic acid, as in the case of a viral infection increases the risk of Reye's syndrome. Symptoms of Reye's syndrome are prolonged vomiting, acute encephalopathy, enlarged liver.
If necessary, use of the drug during lactation breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Patients who observe salt-free or nizkosoleva diet, be aware that each tablet of the drug contains 388, 5 mg (16, 9 mEq) of sodium.